Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I am a SAHM

Projects for July: Planning to make biskut raya for own consumption. I could buy at the shops but I want real butter in my cookies not cheap shortening or margarine. I will bake my favourites: Tart nenas, kuih makmur, biskut kacang tanah, sticky rice crispies salut with chocolate and maybe almond cookies too. Not a raya bikkie, but will attempt macarons to learn and master it. Other projects : sewing..really love it..no mess to wash..just me and my fabrics and the jug-jug-jug sound of my sewing machine. Maybe a little baju kurung for Minuya or a summer dress if I have the time...fiinish up some bags perhaps..yang terbengkalai since 2010. arrgh so much I wanna do!!!

Sometimes I wonder where does my day go? I never have the time to do all this. Tonight I baked a cake ready for a cake pop order for this weekend..now answering emails/doing research for cakes/surfing fb and pinterest when brain gets tired, doing frikin laundry that never ends, just vacuumed and mopped the entire house today, wrecked my hands with dishwashing liquid,picking up toys at the end of the day, siram bunga, training the cats ( so far so good btw), planning/executing Minuya's activities everyday, racking my brain to think about what to cook for dinner every night,planning finances for the next 5 years..sigh...then there's the toddler..well that's another story entirely but basically attention..attention..attention.. disciplinarian, clown, performer, slave, personal chef, interpreter, lifeguard, tantrum witness, sandwoman,janitor..you name it..that's ME... and yet there are people who still assume SAHMs do nothing much...that I should have time to do things for myself..yeah sure..if I pressure myself to finish my nails, pluck my eyebrows, wax my legs, get my hair untangled from my unruly bun, do my facial ALL in an hour tops..I'd say I've had a pretty successful day! Heheh..but the good thing is, I've made it one of my resolutions this year to take care of MYSELF more so I guess I'm on track.

The only thing that makes me think it's all worth it is the thought that I'm building a dream. A dream to have a well-balanced happy child and a family with memories to last a lifetime. The prospect of learning life lessons along the way is an attractive incentive too.  Basically indulging in a fulfilling LIFE and getting to share that with your loved ones. Now that is definitely priceless and MY definition of happiness. No amount of money would ever replace that..but that doesn't mean we can't work on getting a dream home, go for eye-opening overseas vacations, going for your personal dreams of building an business empire, taking over the world or even writing long essays on fb that really is just an expression of my inner thoughts...oooh which reminds me of another project for July onwards : Writing an e-book.

So much to do, so little time. Now on to write my Minecraft cake blogpost.

No comments:

Post a Comment